Web-based applications offer a range of business advantages over traditional desktop applications. A web-based application is any application that uses a website as the interface or front-end. Users can easily access the application from any computer connected to the Internet using a standard browser. This contrasts with traditional desktop applications, which are installed on a local computer.
- Zero install - all PCs have a browser
- Reduce business costs - less time spent talking to customers over the phone
- Centralised data is secure and easy to backup.
- Quick and easy updates.
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Low spec PCs or smart phones can be used.
- Online training can be completed at user's own time and pace.